Thursday 18 June 2009

Romans 12:2

Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you’ll be able to test and approve what Gods will is, his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2 NIV

Hi everyone, Kylie here! Thought I might share with you one of my favorite verses. This has been a verse that has been very meaningful to me all my life as a Christian. I became a Christian when I was 17 and this verse helped me a lot to understand the process of change that goes on in us, when we turn from darkness to light.


God doesn’t ask us straight away to change our behaviour all at once, he doesn’t lay out a set of rules, do this, don’t do this! He simply asks us to take one step at a time.

Step 1. Don’t conform. I see this as being our active step towards wanting to change. When it comes to sin we should ask ourselves, “how much self-control can I exercise?”, not “how much can I get away with?”.

Step 2. Renew our mind. How do we do this? Through getting into his word and praying.

Step 3. Be Transformed. This is the God part, it is he who does the work with in us and shows us how best to live.


The nice thing is that this all comes with a promise, you will be able to find out what his will is, his good, pleasing and perfect will.


To download right click on this link and select 'save link as'.

No comments:

Post a Comment