Monday 22 June 2009

Phil 3:13-14

No dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing; Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus is calling us up to heaven. Phil 3:13-14

There is something very powerful, a real energy, focus and determination that rings through these verses. He’s focusing on ONE THING! He’s not distracted – he’s got his priorities sorted out and he’s not about to let past failures slow him down.

You can’t help but feel the hope and promise that Paul has for the future as he runs his race and he is so determined! He’s not out for a Sunday walk in the park – he has his eyes on the finish line because that’s where the real prize is.

Click Here to Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment