Friday 12 June 2009

Psalm 119:32

I run in the path of Your commands for you have set my heart free. Psalm 119:32 (NIV)

Notice the Psalmist says I run, not I walk. There is a real connection between the idea of running and freedom. God HAS set our hearts free and will continue to set our hearts completely free, so now we can run with passion. As I sing this song picture yourself on a country road or wide open space with no one else around, running freely and easily towards God. There is an ease and a freedom that comes when we follow God’s ways and paths for our lives – ‘the path of His commands’.


Notice also that action of running in God’s ways is a response to what God has done for us first namely setting our hearts free. I love the poetry of this phrase. It’s not a particularly theological statement like justification or sanctification but it’s setting our heart free, free to live, to feel, to love, to enjoy, to respond.


The next podcast will be on Monday so have a great weekend and we’ll see you Monday.


To listen Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment