Friday 7 August 2009

Isaiah 40:29-31

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31 NIV


This is one of my favourite verses. It’s also a verse I put into practice every single day. Waiting on God and spending time in His presence really does literally renew your strength. Many times I’ve come to the end of myself, and simply said to God, God I need you, I have nothing left, and every time, God has given me what I needed for the situation I was facing. I think learning how to use and rely on God’s strength is one of the key things to learn as a Christian. Other wise we are in danger of becoming worn out and burnt out. Doing God’s work with God’s strength is the secret of longevity.


To listen click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment