Tuesday 7 July 2009

John 13:34-35

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35 NIV

This is a real core of our Christian faith. Jesus puts a strong emphasis on this value. Notice He says a new command I give you, not a new suggestion. God expects this of us. Everything needs to go through the filter of love. This needs to be our motivation for what we do. And then Jesus adds an interesting comment – this is how the world will know that we’re Christians, not by our great worship services or the teaching or anything else, but by the way we love one another. The world is looking to see if the way we treat one another matches up with our theology. This is a verse that I need to keep coming back to again and again. I’m such a goal-orientated person, which is ok but I always need to keep this verse in my line of sight.

To listen click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment