Wednesday 22 July 2009

Isaiah 43:25

I even I am He who blots out your transgressions, for My own sake, and remembers your sins no more. Isaiah 43:25 NIV

This verse is such a wonderful reassurance of the forgiveness we have in Christ. God says ‘I, even I’. This wonderful act is not performed by any intermediary or an angel but by the Holy One Himself, the Lord God Almighty. He blots out our transgressions – to blot means another substance covers over the original so it can no longer be seen, and in forgiveness, our sins are covered over by the blood of Jesus.


We might well ask the question, why would God want to do this for me? I don’t deserve it, but in this verse God reminds us that it’s not about us, or what we have or haven’t done, it’s about Him – He does it for His own sake.


It’s also reassuring to know that God chooses not to remember our sins. He banishes them from His memory and in doing so, all record of our wrong doing is erased.
What a wonderful verse and our wonderful it is to have right standing with God, and assurance for our consciences.

To listen click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment