Sunday 6 December 2009

Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

I think this is one of these verses we will grapple with all our lives. It’s a reminder that we’re not on this earth to live for ourselves. Our lives need to be centred around Christ and around serving others – a message that is in direct contrast to our consumer culture that tells us life is all about us and about the stuff we have or don’t have.

I think it’s good to say this verse as a statement of faith, even if we don’t feel we are the living embodiment of this verse! As Christians we’re on the way and the Spirit of God is working powerfully in us to achieve this end.

To Listen Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment