Monday 7 September 2009

1 Peter 5:6-7

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV

Humbling yourself under God’s hand has a lot to do with submitting yourself to God’s plan and will for your life, even when it appears very unspectacular! God will promote us but in His time, not ours.

Verse 7 is a wonderfully encouraging verse. Often I imagine my cares and worries as a heavy object and with my hands I lift them it up and release it to God. It’s my way of releasing it into God’s hands and demonstrating an active trust. He cares for us, which means He will work out what is best for us. We can rest secure in that knowledge.

To listen click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment